You cannot transfer your Tell a Story account credentials to another user or entity without our consent. No one else has any rights to enforce its terms. However, you agree that Tell a Story may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
When you use our services and content, you're agreeing to:
- Any other terms we've let you know about. Please read, print and save a copy of these terms and policies for your records.
When you register and join the Tell a Story Service, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access Publicly available Content as a Visitor. Registered users of our Services are "Members" and unregistered users are "Visitors". This Contract applies to both. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You can end agreement for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Tell a Story Services for any reason, without notice at any time.
You access most of the Tell a Story Services by signing up for an account online. You create an account by clicking "Register", "Join the Community ", "Write a Story" or similar. Members are account holders.
If you use our Service on behalf of a business, that business agrees to these terms. If you use a service substantially to do your job - as an employee, contractor or consultant, for commercial purposes - to make a profit or for educational, non-profit, charitable or government uses, your business is required to stick to these terms.
The data you share with us when you register, to use our services helps us to:
- Provide you with services, recommendations, notifications and other features.
- Improve our existing services and come up with new ones.
To protect your account, keep your account details and password confidential and try to choose a strong and secure password. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Tell a Story account unless you close it or report misuse. Be sure to keep your account details up-to-date.
To keep your account safe, do not:
- Tell anyone your username or password.
- Give us misleading information.
- Try to log in as someone else, not solicit login information or attempt to access an account belonging to someone else.
- Try to bypass our security measures.
- Create more than one account, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person).
- Create an account for someone else, except for your child.
If we believe that you, in any way violate our policies, intrude on someone else's copyright or are required to do so by law, we may remove any content or information you post on Tell a Story.
If your account is idle more than 18 months, we reserve the right to remove it. If we reasonably suspect that your Tell a Story account is being used by a third party untruthfully, Tell a Story may suspend your account until the suspected violation is amended. Based on the nature of the violation, we may be required to disable access to some or all of Your Content. If you believe that removal of your account is a mistake, you can appeal by email to:
You can close your Tell a Story account at any time and for any reason. When we receive your request, you have 5 days grace period to change your mind. To close your account, request the latter in mail including the user name and the relevant account details:
If you are having trouble accessing your Tell a Story account, please email us at:
Here are some assurances you make to us by accepting this Contract:
- You're eligible to enter into this Contract and you are at least our "Minimum Age" of 12 years. "Minimum Age" means 12 years old. However, if local law requires that you must be older in order for Tell a Story to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age. Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 12 without parental supervision. By signing up, you confirm that you have either reached the age of 12 or have valid parent or legal guardian consent to be bound by these Terms. You as a guardian are responsible for supervising your minor in the use of the account and Services including purchases.
- Not create more than one personal account; If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate.
- We'll honor the choices you make about who gets to see your information and content. You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your Tell a Story profile will be truthful.
- You will not violate the intellectual property or other rights of Tell a Story like copying or distributing our materials or using the word "Tell a Story" or our logos in any business name, email, or URL unless you obtain our permission
- Not use an image that is inappropriate, obscene or shocking for your profile or your content
- You are not already restricted by Tell a Story from using the Services.
- You will not use the Tell a Story service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You approve that Tell a Story may contact you to check if you've got permission to use any music, images, clips or text in your creation. Or just for administrative purposes.
- If you use our Services you agree that from time to time, we may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the latter.
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements; International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Provide accurate contact information and keep it at all times up to date;.
- By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content you give us permission to use your content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content published or enhanced by us in any media formats through any media channels. This means, for example, that you hereby grant to Tell a Story a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, or permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have not shared Content publicly and have classified it as "Private", we will respect your classification and will not distribute it outside the contracted Tell a Story Services.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law. This Statement does not confer any Third-Party beneficiary rights. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Tell a Story.
- You agree not to make money from our content or services or share our content without Tell a Story consent. Apart from shareables.
You agree that you will not tamper with our Services. Do not:
- Hack them or interfere with operation of Services.
- Modify, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are permitted to do so.
- Bypass or circumvent any access controls or Service use limits or get around or override our security technology.
- Deep-link to our Services, overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance or use any automated means without Tell a Story's consent.
- Transmit or post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code; Or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes to disrupt our Services, manipulate identifiers or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services; You will not collect users' content, or information.
- Monitor our Services' availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service.
- Use, disclose or distribute any data obtained in violation of this policy, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of Tell a Story.
- Refuse to remove content, when we ask you to. This might happen when we take down services. Which we can do at any time, without notice.
Don't harm or offend other people while using our services or content. That means:
- You will not post content or take any action on Tell a Story that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- Do not imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Tell a Story without our express consent; Don't pretend to be Tell a Story.
- You will not solicit email addresses or other personal information from Members you don't know, without authorization.
- Do not damage our reputation by associating us with sexism or racism, for example.
- Do not get us sued - by defaming (damaging the reputation of) someone, say, or commenting on an active lawsuit.
- Do not harass, bully, intimidate, abuse, harm or upset people.
Do not post anything that:
- Violates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights, or in contempt of court. Do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission or disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose.
- Is pornographic; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Is not in English until we can provide the editorial support for other languages.
- Is illegal or damaging to someone else's reputation or inappropriate, offensive, or obscene or off topic.
- Is shocking, hateful, threatening or otherwise inappropriate content or airing personal grievances or disputes; If you disagree with someone, attack the argument, not the person.
- Contains personal details or infringes anyone's rights (that includes privacy rights). Identifies someone (unless you have their consent or, if they're under 16, the consent of their parent or guardian) or in any way puts children at risk.
- Contains spam or contains links to content that can't be seen easily, may be unsafe (viruses, worms, spyware and Trojans) or automatically launches lots of windows or place unreasonable load. Don't post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, "junk mail," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any form of solicitation unauthorized by Tell a Story.
- You must not use web URLs in your name or your content without prior written consent, with the exception for copyright references.
- Promotes a business, unless sanctioned and approved by Tell a Story. Do not re-create a service or copy the look of a service using our brands, trade-marks or logos without our permission.
- Use or mention our content in press releases and other marketing channels unless permission is obtained in advance.
We currently provide our Services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, will still apply. If any of services is paid for, you'll honor your purchase and payment obligations and you accept to us storing your payment information.
You understand that there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services. All of your purchases of Services are subject to Tell a Story refund policy; however, we don't guarantee refunds.
Also, you agree that:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees/rates or differences in prices based on location.
- We may store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your Services and to use to pay other Services you may buy.
- If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date.
- We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
You accept us providing notices to you through our websites, apps, and contact information you have provided to us. If the contact information you provide is out of date, you may miss out on important notices. It is your responsibility to keep your details up to date.
Please review your settings to control and limit the messages you receive from us.
When you tell stories, others can see, copy and use that information. You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name. Our Services allow upload of data in many ways, associated with your profile, stories, links, photos, other media files and comments. While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
Information and content that you share, or post may be seen by other Members or Visitors. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content, your profile, or updates. Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, by classifying the Content, you may choose to make it available to others. We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice. That means we can:
- Use your story without identifying you as the creator.
- Edit or change your story and you won't be able to say we've treated it in a "derogatory" way. If your story contains content - like images, sounds, music or video - made by someone else, the copyright for that content may belong to them. Which usually means you'll have to get their permission to do anything with it. That includes posting, submitting or uploading it to Tell a Story.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Tell a Story generally does not intend to review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others' (including other Members') content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. If you encounter any inappropriate Content, please report to:
Some of the Tell a Story Services are supported by marketing revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. You hereby agree that Tell a Story may associate such advertising and promotions on the Services or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
Consequently, Tell a Story encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Tell a Story will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content.
Intellectual Property Rights
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that content posted by story writers be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We don't own most of the photos and pictures on the site. But whoever does is often credited. This is why we won't let you use photos and pictures from Tell a Story for commercial purposes. To use any of the following things:
- Our logo and/or other branding.
- Or anything else that's protected by copyright, you'll need to get permission. Although sometimes we won't be able to give you permission, because we don't always own the copyright. Our content often includes other people's content. There is some content we can give you permission to use, though.
As between you and Tell a Story, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services and you are only granting Tell a Story and our affiliates. Tell a Story reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services.
Public content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), does not give you any ownership in our Services. You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on Tell a Story. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Tell a Story, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture). This IP License ends for the productive platform when you delete your content unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
Your use of others' content and information posted on our Services, is at your own risk. Others may offer their own products and services through Tell a Story, and we aren't responsible for those third-party activities. If Content links to any Third-Party, you should review any additional terms and privacy policies before acquiring, using, requesting or linking your Tell a Story Account to it. Tell a Story does not license any intellectual property to you as part of any Third-Party Apps and Services. Tell a Story is not responsible or liable to you or others for information or services provided by any Third-Party Apps and Services.
You also acknowledge the risk that you may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we notify your connections and followers. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Tell a Story, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
Tell a Story may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries. Tell a Story shall not be liable for Your Content, material or other third party material, including links to third-party websites and activities provided by users. Such content and activities are neither attributable to Tell a Story nor do they represent Tell a Story's opinion. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. Tell a Story logos and other Tell a Story trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of TellAStory.io.
We may change, suspend or discontinue any of our Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
We strive to keep the Services up and running on an error free environment, "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. However, all online services suffer occasional disruptions and outages and we do not guarantee that the services will function without errors or disruptions, delays or imperfections. In the event of an outage or disruption to the Service, you may temporarily not be able to retrieve Your Content. We recommend that you regularly backup Your Content and Data that you store on the Services or store using Third-Party Apps and Services.
To the extent permitted under law (and unless Tell a Story has entered into a separate written agreement that overrides this contract), Tell a Story and its affiliates including those Tell a Story works with to provide the Services shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits or revenues, related to the Services. We are not responsible for losses resulting from actions, content, information or data of third parties including any user of Tell a Story whether online or offline and we shall be liable only for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach and up to the amount you have paid us in the last 12 months. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between you and Tell a Story and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g. warranty, tort, negligence, contact, law) and even if Tell a Story or its affiliates has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose. Some laws do not allow limitation or exclusion of liability, so these limits may not apply to you.
We do not retain data for law enforcement purposes unless we receive a valid preservation request. If law enforcement seeks information about a Tell a Story user who has provided consent for the official to access or obtain the user's account information, the user should be directed to obtain that information on their own from their account.
We can each end this Contract anytime we want. Both you and Tell a Story may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. When your Tell a Story account is closed (whether by you or us), your right to use the account to access the Services stops. We'll disassociate it from you and your account (unless we are required by law to keep it, return it or transfer it to you or a third party identified by you). As a result, you may no longer be able to access any of the Services (or Your Content that you've stored on those Services) that require a Tell a Story account. You should have a regular backup plan. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback.
- Members and/or Visitors' rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination.
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
How to contact us
In case you would like to notify Tell a Story please mail to: